Friday 28 November 2008

Close up with Alexander Jackman

Dear Readers,

It has been a long time; I shouldn't have left you. However, taking moments to write has been really scarce since I have been working towards the official launch of my book 'I AM'.

'I AM', is still travelling around the globe and I have to say the standards of photos have been raised yet again. In fact, I am thinking of presenting an award to the best amateur photo and best professional photo (so that it is a fair competition) at my book launch next year! Photos are now being taken in and around London. Please get in touch with me on facebook if you wish to read a preview of 'I AM' and would like to take some interesting photos of your own. If you are travelling to cities or villages out of London let me know and I shall provide a copy. I would like for my book to reach every city on the earth and if that is to remain possible then I need your help. It was always a dream of mine to travel around the world, whether I can or not in my lifetime, I do not know and I am certain that is the same for many of us. Therefore, what I have decided to do is ensure that this book travels to those places we may never be able to see for ourselves and as consolation we can say we have been there in spirit. I hope this will help you to see how dreams can be made possible.

I made my first guest appearance at Close Up in Brick Lane. I had a fantastic time and met some great people who had very inspiring words to share in my guestbook. I wish to thank them all for making me feel welcome, I have been away for too long to remember what it feels like to have people appreciate what I do. I hope you were pleased with what I had to show and I promise there is more to come.

I reserve a special thanks for the organisers, camera persons and photographers. In particular I would like to thank Elizabeth James for her photography but more importantly her character. If anyone is looking for a photographer that knows how to be reliable, punctual and equally passionate about the quality of her own work you need to get in touch with her. She is very efficient and does everything she says she is going to do. I definitely recommend getting in touch with her on Facebook she is very personable and we will continue to work together.
When you visit my website please feel free to leave 8 random words in my guestbook section. This is a perfect opportunity for you to get to know my writing style and also see how you are able to inspire me. As an added incentive I will decide what work can be published in forthcoming volumes and you will be credited for your words.
If you have any friends who ask questions about the book or the photos please encourage them to join the facebook group page since it is the best way for me to keep you all updated on my progress.
Great strides have been made since I first embarked on this journey and I am happy you are able to see something happen from the beginning. Who knows where it will go.
I will leave you with something written in my guestbook as illustrated by these photos last night in Brick lane.
Although you are standing by the shore @ the moment, soon the rest of the world will be your oyster!
Until next time.

No comments: